Wednesday, August 07, 2013

Rewind Time. This is Big Bro....

Big Brovaz - Nu Flow

For no other reason but it's awesomesess, I've decided to revisit this classic from 2002. It's Big Brovaz' 'Nu Flow', a song that was at the time, unlike anything that was out there. I remember it was my favourite song for a very long time back in 2002-2003, I bought the single and the accompanying album of a band I thought would be a lasting thing for many years to come, sadly at my 14 year old stage, I was terribly optimistic. It's a bouncing ball of pure pop laced with R&B influences, accompanied by a kick ass chorus and equally catchy verses from each of the band members who cheekily introduced themselves. They followed up with a few other songs but never came close to topping this hit. And it was a hit, reaching #3 in Australia with the Kiwi's even making it their  #1. The film clip is great too. Still one of my favourites with the setting almost perfect for the song. 'Nu Flow' the album, faltered and ultimately so did the band. Splitting up then reforming a few times it seems after trimming some fat. However the UK have a new show where old bands are reuniting and Big Brovaz are one of those bands taking part. Could be interesting, but ultimately in the following 11 years since this song impacted on me, my music tastes have changed dramatically, so unfortunately if they decide to release some new material I'm not going to go out of my way. Unless its Nu Flow part 2. That would be awesome!

No comments: