Saturday, August 17, 2013

The Plug It In or Plug It Out sessions: #3

This is my quick roundup of the album releases of note throughout the week. It is the quickest review you're probably ever gonna see. Week commencing August 16.

The ratings:
Plug it in, now! = 5 stars
Jacked up = 4 stars
I really want to listen to the next thing, but this will do for now = 3 stars
I can't quite find the jack = 2 stars
Plug it out! = 1 star

Boy & Bear 'Harlequin Dream'
I can't quite find the jack
Note: More of the same, in which I was already underwhelmed with on the first album. There is no instant hit like 'Feeding Line' here either.
Album highlight: 'Bridges'

Fossil Collective 'Tell Where I Lie'
Plug it out!
Note: Certainly not to my music taste. Too minimal and instantly forgettable.
Album highlight: Ummm... 'Boy With Blackbird Kite'

Parachute 'Overnight'
I can't quite find the jack
Note: Some nice moments here and there. But ultimately this is nothing new. Pop we've heard so many times before.
Album highlight: 'Hurricane'

Travis 'Where I Stand'
I really want to listen to the next thing, but this will do for now
Note: Very soft rock from the veteran Scottish band. Some nice moments but it just coasts along without any real standouts.
Album highlight: 'On My Wall'

Ty Segall 'Sleeper'
I can't quite find the jack
Note: More music I'm not too keen on. This is pleasant indie stuff though.
Album highlight: 'Sleeper'

No comments: