Friday, August 02, 2013

The Plug it in or Plug it out sessions: #1

This is my quick roundup of the album releases of note throughout the week. It is the quickest review you're probably ever gonna see.

The ratings:
Plug it in, now! = 5 stars
Jacked up = 4 stars
I really want to listen to the next thing, but this will do for now = 3 stars
I can't quite find the jack = 2 stars
Plug it out! = 1 star
The Civil Wars "The Civil Wars"
I can't quite find the jack
Note: Bitterly disappointing

Jay Sean "Neon"
Edit: I can't quite find the jack
Note: A safe return from an artist desperate for a hit

Pond "Hobo Rocket" (EP?)
Plug it out!
Note: In no way do I find this endearing

Snakadaktal "Sleep In The Water"
I can't quite find the jack
Note: Didn't expect much, didn't expect so little either.

The Trouble With Templeton "Rookie"
I can't quite find the jack
Note: 'You Are New' is awesome, what happened to the rest?

Weekly note: An odd week of releases this week that all share the same basic premise: they had potential, but ultimately didn't live up to it.

No comments: